Thursday, June 4, 2009

Our tax dollars at work

"I need some help."
Sporting my bright yellow FEMA "IT Support Staff" windbreaker, I walk over to assist a user sitting in front of his blank monitor. I am designated as support (Here's something for the pain! That was a little Bad Company humor) for a training session going on regarding the hurricane tracking software we use.
"I do not have Hurrevac installed." Now, these are Clear Box computers. This means, there is no tower to speak of. Everything plugs into a little box, that is controlled by the a server, so for HIS computer to be the only computer without this program, seemed a little odd to me. Now, to this guys credit, he WAS searching his "C:" for the program, so for a MOMENT, I actually believed him. However, once again, my faith in users was shattered.
It took me all of 5 seconds to find the software. Anyone want to guess where it was?

Start -> All Programs.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment