Monday, June 22, 2009

Hard Drive? More like Hard Headed



On Friday (at about 3:00pm) we were informed that there were several computers that had something on them that they shouldn't, and it needed to be handled as soon as possible. So, our solution was just to go to the users desk and remove the hard drives. The task was simple enough.



"Okay ma'am, I need you to finish/save what you are doing, and power down your computer, I'm here to take your hard drive."
"Okay!" she said in an almost TOO optimistic manner. I was about to find out why.

Two minutes later.

"Okay, we're good. I have your hard drive, and with any luck you COULD have this back my Monday, but there is no gurantee."
"Alright, thanks. Can I go back to work now?"
"Do you have another hard drive?"
"No."
"Well then, seeing as I have your hard drive, no, you can not do any work."
"Oh, well can I at least turn my computer on?"
"Again... I have your hard drive, you can not do anything."
"Oh... well, can I at least get to my personal files?"
/facepalm

No comments:

Post a Comment